Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Written April 6th, 2011

All my life I felt like I was waiting for something.
Like a pressure building in the back of my mind
I thought that it would be the end of the world.
I watched and waited all these years for some sort of sign.
My eyes were always searching in the wrong places.
I thought it was the end, but it was always you.
I sat here hoping to witness the world burned away.
Instead it was the end of everything I believed was true.
You brought me to my knees like no one else could.
My mind is spinning every time I look your way.
I'm broken down, confused, and scared to death.
But somehow I know that you are here to stay.
You're the death of who I knew myself to be.
All of my illusions dissipate with you right here.
I've become a stranger to myself, someone new.
I am desperate to believe you, telling me to have no fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment