Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another Night

The words come out all wrong, twisted on my tongue.
Things i need to say become distorted as they leave my lips.
Failure seems so certain when i can't seem to find the words.
The right words, to change your mind, to make you stay.
Next to you i feel so mute and ineffective.
When you're here i just can't seem to do things right.
You make me shiver and i bite my tongue.
I keep telling myself that there will be another night.
I can see it in your eyes when everything i say is wrong.
I never want to fail you, but i can't seem to get it right.
Frustration builds inside of me, knowing that I fall so short.
A better version of me might stand a chance where i do not.
Here with you i am so mute and ineffective.
I try so hard, but can't seem to do things right.
Shivering, afraid, i bite my tongue.
Knowing that i can't put it off for another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment